skip to Main Content

Motor Fuels Tax Bond

Entities and individuals involved in the commercial supply, import, export, dealing, or blending of gasoline or diesel fuel within Texas are required to post a Motor Fuels Tax bond. The required bond amount must be equal to 2 times the maximum amount of tax liability that could accrue during a reporting period or accrue on purchased tax-free gasoline. These bonds ensure compliance with municipal and state laws and also that products will perform as advertised. Bond amounts are determined by the Comptroller of Public Accounts, and applicants should verify their required bond amount prior to bonding.

Start a Quote

Back To Top
×Close search